Today only, @SchickHydro is taking to Twitter with the #HydroRescue contest – with the grand prize being a free trip with a friend to San Diego during Comic-Con! Runners up will also get their ideas designed by professional comic artists.
From 9am-9pm EST TODAY, guys are encouraged to tweet life’s irritations (getting stuck in traffic, having your phone battery die) with #HydroRescue and #Contest for a chance to win:
- All-expense-paid trip to San Diego with a friend during Comic-Con
- Meet & greet with actor Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes, American Horror Story)
- VIP treatment at the Schick Hydro Super Shave Shop and Hydration Station at Entertainment Weekly’s Con-X fan festival at Comic-Con
- Professional comic artist sketch of their submission, blown up into limited-edition posters given to fans throughout San Diego
- Famed artists creating the fan-submitted Robot Razor scenarios are Livio Ramondelli (Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Star Wars) and Ryan Odagawa (Marvel)
The #HydroRescue contest is part of the announcement Schick Hydro made this morning of its partnership with Entertainment Weekly and its first-ever Con-X Fan Festival (July 21-24) near the Convention Center: the hottest four-day destination with a main stage, Q&A’s, celeb and editorial appearances, contest, games – and of course, the Schick Hydro Super Shave Shop and Hydration Station.
Remember the awesome Robot Razor from the brand’s commercial that first debuted during the Super Bowl? At the festival, the brand will introduce the IRL version of its Robot Razor character, in the form of a 7-foot, hulking costume that will save the day from fans’ irritations (long lines! thirst! sunburn!) when they use #HydroRescue on site. Robot Razor’s powers were inspired by the Schick Hydro 5 razor itself, designed like no other to protect guys’ skin from irritation.